We want to congratulate all the women who were ordained this year. So we say congratulations to the newly ordained:
- Rev. Lorraine Dantzler-Local Deacon-Greater Allen Cathedral
- Rev. Sharon Grizzell - Local Deacon-Macedonia AME Church
- Rev. Shirley Wilson - Local Shirley Wilson- St. Mark AME Church
Congratulations to the newly ordained Itinerant deacons:
- Rev. Lewanda Miller-Greater Allen Cathedral
- Rev. Nicole Ottley-Great Allen Cathedral
Congratulations to our ordained Elders
- Rev. Sharice Wallace-Greater Allen Cathedral
- Rev. Cornelia Aldrena Mabry-Greater Allen Cathedral
- Rev. Arlise Carson-Greater Allen Cathedral
- Rev. Monique Wheeler- Bridge Street AWME Church
- Rev. Sheila Tranumn- Bridge Street AWME Church
To all of them we say Congratulations. May we be of encouragement to each other while we are on this journey.
I would also like to personally thank all you for attending the WIM luncheon on last Thursday. I always say that I don't do this alone, and you guys showed the proof on Thursday. A special "Thank You" to the Rev. Alicia Bailey, Rev. Adunnola Waterman-French, Rev. Karen Dillon, Rev. Edna Parker, Sis. Audra Browne and of course to the Rev. Dr. Lisa Williamson for her presentation on Self-Care.
I was told that the workshop was excellent and something that we all needed to be reminded about and to put into practice. Whatever your role was, I thank you for being available.
Thank you to Rev. Jessica, Rev. Fullard and our past Connectional President for also being present at our luncheon.
Thank you to those of you who paid your dues during Annual Conference. Please know that we are collecting ALL dues, so if you have not already done so, we urge you to please do so as soon as possible.
As we go into this new conference year, let me remind us that we are seeking churches who will be willing to host our monthly meetings. Those dates will be coming out by next week. We are also encouraging you to please attend the meetings especially when they are on your Presiding Elder's district.The strength of the ministry depends upon you and I. Our participation, our commitment and our willingness to sacrifice our time once per month will determine our strength. So we are encouraging you to do your part. Not your sister's part, but your part.
We are looking forward to a great and awesome year in the Lord. How about you?
-Rev. Jacqueline Lynch
Coordinator of The NY Annual Conference
Women In Ministry