Presiding Elder District Level - Election Information
You may begin the nominating process now. If you chose to nominate someone, please do ask if they are interested in the position for which you are nominating them for.
The Presiding Elder District Executive Board shall consist of the District Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, Secretary, Financial Secretary, Treasurer, Worship Leader and Herstoriographer.
DISTRICT COORDINATOR - Must be an ordained Itinerant Elder
- Keep an accurate record of all meetings, events and finances;
- Encourage all persons to become active members of AME/WIM;
- Coordinate the membership in all Presiding Elder Districts and supervise the elections, finances (where applicable), and work being done therein; and
- Work with the membership of the Conference, the Executive Boards on all levels, and the Bishop to achieve the mission and objectives of AME/WIM
ASSISTANT COORDINATOR - Must be an ordained Itinerant Elder
- Preside in the absence of the Conference Coordinator;
- Work closely with the Conference Coordinator to assist in all her duties.
- Work with the Coordinator in program planning and implantation within the Conference;
- Serve as Parliamentarian for the Conference Executive Board.
- Monitor financial issues and Treasurer’s reports.
- Assist with public relations and the dissemination of information within the membership.
SECRETARY - Must be an ordained, Local or Itinerant
The Secretary shall keep minutes of the Annual Conference Executive Board/Presiding Elder District/Campus Ministry meetings, send correspondence to Board members, disseminate minutes and other relevant information to board members, and send copies of same to the Episcopal District President.
FINANCIAL SECRETARY - Must be an ordained, Local or Itinerant
The Financial Secretary shall keep a record of all membership dues paid on the Annual Conference level. She shall also receive a list of all dues-paying members from the Presiding Elder Districts (where applicable). She will forward all Connectional and Episcopal District membership dues to the Episcopal District Financial Secretary.
TREASURER - Must be an ordained, Local or Itinerant
The Treasurer shall open an account for the Annual Conference Executive Board. She shall be responsible to work out a budget with Board approval. The budget shall reflect the source and amounts of all anticipated income and expenses.
WORSHIP LEADER - Must be an ordained, Local or Itinerant
The Worship Leader must be familiar with the concept of intentional and innovative worship experiences. She should be familiar with inclusive language and encourage all women in ministry to be conscious of gender domination in the language of worship. She will be responsible for all AME/WIM worship services at Annual Conference level workshops and gatherings.
HERSTORIOGRAPHER - Must be an ordained, Local or Itinerant
The Herstoriographer will collect information on AME/WIM in the Annual Conference level and compile a data bank and be a resource for the Annual Conference. The Herstoriographer shall coordinate with Herstoriographers on all levels and provide a comprehensive library on women in ministry and the status and role of women in ministry in her Annual Conference. The Herstoriographer should make a presentation to the Women in Ministry of her Conference at the Annual Conference at least once a quadrennial on her findings.
We look forward to hearing from each of you as soon as possible!
Your NY AME WIM Nominating Committee
Please spread the word!